Chronicles of the first planters of the colony of Massachusetts Bay from 1623 to 1636 : now first collected from original records and contemporaneous manuscripts, and illustrated with notes (1846)

fullscreen
Author: Young, Alexander, 1800-1854
Subject: Massachusetts -- History Sources
Publisher: Boston A: Little
Call number: AFD-5677
Digitizing sponsor: MSN
Book contributor: Robarts - University of Toronto
Collection: robarts; toronto

Average Rating: 3.00 out of 5 stars3.00 out of 5 stars3.00 out of 5 stars

Reviewer: csb99 - - April 26, 2007
Subject: response
In instances where the appearance of a book is of no consequence, a scanned pdf is only preferable to a text file in point of correctness.In instances where appearance is everything, I am thinking here particularly of the Beatrix Potter or the Jenson Augustine, a watermark on each page would be an abuse. I am not saying these watermarks totally ruin these books ( I would rather have them posted with watermarks than not at all ) I am saying this is a nasty new development ( maybe 5 days ago after a year and a half ) and someone should protest about it. The big corporations have been doing what they like always but I would like Microsoft to keep its hands off our culture.
Reviewer: MrsMean - 3.00 out of 5 stars3.00 out of 5 stars3.00 out of 5 stars - April 25, 2007
Subject: Watermark not an issue for me
I can live with a microsoft watermark in order to see materials that I do not have access to in any other way.

As a Mayflower descendant, I am very interested in this records, but no longer live in Mass. This is a wonderful way of "spreading the (information) wealth".

Selected metadata

Copyright-evidence-operator: scanner-liz-ridolfo
Copyright-region: US
Copyright-evidence: Evidence reported by scanner-liz-ridolfo for item chroniclesoffirs00younuoft on April 23, 2007: no visible notice of copyright; stated date is 1846.
Copyright-evidence-date: 20070423180111
Scanningcenter: uoft
Mediatype: texts
Identifier-access: http://www.archive.org/details/chroniclesoffirs00younuoft